How Much Does it Cost to Build a Pole Barn?
The cost to build a pole barn is between $15,000 through $55,000 on average, with most landowners spending about $10 and $30 per square foot. The exact cost depends on several factors, from materials and labor to improvements you make to the land, such as leveling out the ground. Professionals usually break costs for putting up your structure down to per square feet.
So, what factors influence the cost of building a pole barn?
The size of the barn is the first thing you should consider. Use the list below to set your expectations.
- A small pole barn price—Suitable for developing a structure where you can focus on your projects and hobbies. A new pole barn shed or garage can be whatever you want. Pole building kits on the market come in with various roofing and siding options, so you are assured of finding something for your requirements. Smaller barns range between 500 to 2,000 square feet.
- The medium pole barn price—If you have miscellaneous items, equipment, household items, or cars you no longer use, consider putting up a barn with a taller opening. 14-foot eave pool barn kits come with various components to ensure complete construction. These barns are suitable for use as horse barns, workshops, and even as houses.
- Larger porn barn prices—Large layout pole barn kits usually cost less for each square foot than other pole barn sizes. Such structures are suitable for the storage of commercial and machinery components, and you can use a structure as a riding arena and warehouses.
Land Clearing Cost
On average, expect to spend between $2,000 and $10,000 to clear land to build your pole barn. However, the costs depend on the location of the site. For example, clearing a heavily wooded area will cost more than clearing a lightly wooded lot.
Other costs that go into clearing the land include:
- Brush removal
- Tree clearing
- Stump grinding and removal
- Clearing rocks
- Excavation cost for each acre
- Grading land
Insulation of Pole Building
Insulation costs range from $1 through $5 per sq ft. Pole barns for housing livestock or for living in should have insulation done to make them habitable. The Home Energy Saver tool can help you determine the insulation you require, and R-values recommended depending on your cooling system, climate, and other factors.
Roofing and Siding
Roofing costs can go to as high as $10 per sq ft (labor inclusive). Standard metal roofs run approximately $2 per sq Ft. Metal roofs are easy to install, are the most common roofing on pole barns. Installing siding depends on whether you are using vinyl, steel, or wood.
Remember to factor in the cost of your flooring material and installation, doors and windows, and exterior and interior finishing. Because of this is why hiring a professional contractor is essential. Hiring a professional contractor can reduce your overall construction costs because of familiarity with the building process and local building codes.
IT'S TIME TO TAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
How Can We Help You?
Keystone Construction, LLC
4959 W. Jefferson Davis Highway
Elkton, Kentucky 42220
We welcome your visit! Before heading to our office, please call ahead to set an appointment to ensure optimal service.
8:00am - 5:00pm (CST)
7:00am - 5:00pm (CST)
7:00am - 4:00pm (CST)
© 2019 Keystone Construction. All Rights Reserved.